Inspired by Growth, Pride and Support, prevalent in Chatham, several local businessmen formed the Chatham Business Association in 1972 in order to satisfy the Community’s desire to invest in, nurture and protect the Chatham Community. The stated purpose was to “band together to foster, create and explore those plans and programs that will ensure stability and growth of our business communities.”
Over the years, we have worked closely with major financial institutions, corporations, local businesses and civic leaders to spearhead economic development in our most vulnerable neighborhoods, and where the majority of small and minority owned businesses have their business operations. As a result of our expertise in developing successful small business growth tools, our market has extended to serving businesses city and statewide.
The mission of the Chatham Business Association Small Business Development Inc (CBA) is to provide a viable and effective business association to enhance social, political, and economic growth within our community. CBA creates opportunities, inroads and programs to benefit and ensure the prosperity, economic strength and excellence of service in Chatham and its surrounding communities.
- Assisted 125 Small Businessses with Microlending
- Packaged 51 Microloan Applications
- Assisted 25 Small Businesses with MBE/WBE Certifications
- Expanded 8 Small Business Certifications
- Trained 232 Small Businesses on technology and marketing
- Host annual CBA Juniors Employment Workshop and Job Fair
- Provided Commercial Banking to Small Businesses through our Financial Partners
- Negotiate Procurement Opportunities
- Negotiate Small Business Grants for Business Improvement
© copyright 2015 Chatham Business Association | 800 E. 78th St Chicago, Illinois 60619 773-994-5006 (Office) 773-855-8905 (Fax)
Chatham Business Association, Small Business Development, Inc is a 501c6 non-profit organization